What is a T-shaped marketer and what marketing tools do they use for the best results for your business?
A T-shaped marketer has expertise in a selection of digital marketing strategies. They have a broad knowledge of a number of strategies enabling them to offer a variety of services (the horizontal part of the “T”). However, they specialize in a couple of strategies for which they have in-depth knowledge (the vertical part of the “T”).
But which marketing tools are used in these strategies? Read on to find out which tools T-shaped marketers use for marketing success.
- Creates and distributes valuable, relevant, and consistent content
- Blogs, articles, videos, podcasts, photos, infographics, etc.
- Establishes expertise, promotes brand awareness, and keeps your business top of mind
- Uses email to promote your business’s products or services
- Influences customers to provide their email address to add to a mailing list
- Promotes a business’s products and services, and incentivizes customer loyalty
Data & Analytics
- Comprises the processes and technologies that enable marketers to evaluate the success of their marketing initiatives
- Conducted via statistics, predictive modeling, and machine learning
- Determines ROI of marketing efforts and shows failing concepts
- Promotes their content through sponsored social media posts
- Displays ads, paid search results, video ads, pop-ups
- Expands brand reach to get more clicks and generates more traffic
- Gain online presence and traffic via paid and unpaid strategies on search engines
- Improve search engine optimization (SEO) and pay-per-click (PPC)
- The higher you rank on the SERPs, the more traffic you’ll get to your website
- The use of social media and social networks to market a company's products and services
- Following target audience, using influencers, linking to websites and eCommerce
- Engage with existing customers, reach new ones and promote desired culture, mission, or tone
- Driving awareness and action toward a business that sells its product or service electronically
- Use social media, digital content, search engines, and email campaigns to attract visitors
- To attract customers and facilitate purchases online
Customer Loyalty Programs
- Recognizes and rewards customers who purchase or engage with a brand on a recurring basis
- Provide points or perks, and graduate customers to higher levels of loyalty the more they buy
- The customer becomes a more regular consumer or a brand promoter
- Advertisements as a news article or story in a newspaper, magazine, or online publication
- Written by businesses or marketing teams and distributed to several publications
- The business gains valuable PR and increased brand awareness
- The engagement of a brand's representatives at promotional events.
- Networking events, conferences, seminars, speaker presentations, workshops, trade shows and expos, parties, competitions, and awards
- Increased brand and product exposure reaches the target audience and boosts sales
With this plethora of marketing tools, T-shaped marketers provide you with an A to Z marketing strategy. Their in-depth knowledge and expertise on specific tools can feed into your existing strategy to suit your KPIs for maximum success.
Keegen Knapp Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.